Videos on the use of FactoMineR (for PCA, multiple factor analysis, clustering, etc.)
Four reviews on the book Exploratory Multivariate Analysis by Example using R are available in this site. To see the complete review done by Gary Evans (for Journal of Statistical Software)
A new useR group to ask questions on FactoMineR and on Exploratory Multivariate Data Analysis has been created. Join this group to have news about FactoMineR and to ask questions
missMDA: a new package to handle missing values in PCA, MCA or MFA with FactoMineR
The MFA function (version 1.16 and more) allows you to take into account quantitative groups of variables and/or qualitative groups of variables and/or contingency tables
A french version of the FactoMineR's Rcmdr plug-in is available!
A description of FactoMineR is available in "FactoMineR: an R package for multivariate analysis", Journal of Statistical Software.
A presentation of Multiple Factor Analysis, a method dedicated to data sets where individuals are described by groups of variables.
FactoMineR is an R package dedicated to multivariate Exploratory Data Analysis. It is developped and maintained by F. Husson*, J. Josse*, S. Lê*, from Agrocampus Rennes, and J. Mazet.
Why Use FactoMineR?
- It performs classical methods such as Principal Components Analysis (PCA), Correspondence analysis (CA), Multiple Correspondence Analysis (MCA) as well as more advanced methods.
- It allows to add supplementary informations such as supplementary individuals and/or variables.
- It provides a geometrical point of view and a lot of graphical outputs.
- It provides a lot of helps to interpret (automatic description of the dimensions, various indicators, ...).
- It can take into account a structure on the data (structure on the variables, hierarchy on the variables, structure on the individuals).
- A GUI is available.
Installing FactoMineR and its Graphical User Interface
You have the possibility to install FactoMineR just as an usual R package or to install FactoMineR and its GUI, in order to perform multivariate analysis in a more user-friendly way.
- Download the R software at the following adress: http://lib.stat.cmu.edu/R/CRAN/.
- Download the FactoMineR package from the CRAN.
- Load FactoMineR in your R session by writting the following line code:
...and its GUI
- Open the R software.
- Copy and paste the following line code: (be careful, you have to be connected to internet):
- Download FactoMineR in your R session by writing the following line code:
- Answer "yes" to all the questions.
Or, for the french version:
Loading FactoMineR and its Graphical User Interface for an everyday use
FactoMineR is then included in
the R commander environment. You now beneficiate from all the
functionality proposed in the Rcmdr package and consequently have now a
very pleasant working environment.
Every time you want to realize multivariate analysis with FactoMineR and its GUI:
- Load FactoMineR for each new R session by typing the following line code:
- Or load FactoMineR and its GUI for each new R session by typing the following line code: